Iodine is used as an antiseptic for skin wounds, as a disinfecting agent in hospitals and laboratories, and for the emergency disinfection of drinking-water in the field. Iodine also occurs naturally in water in the form of iodide (I–), which is largely oxidised to iodine during water treatment. Rivers usually contain about 5 μg/litre (=0.005ppm/ 5ppb, ) of iodine. The mean concentration of total iodine in drinking-water in the USA is 4 μg/litre, and the maximum concentration is 18 μg/litre (=0.018ppm). This is presumably predominantly iodide.
A broad range of concentrations can be measured with the Iodine Test Strip. Accurate results from 0 to 5.0 ppm (mg/l) are obtained quickly making the iodine test strip ideal for the food and medical industries, as well as water treatment use.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container with a detailed colour chart to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable test of water
- A mechanical reader is NOT required
- Accurate results are achieved in under one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required and the indicator is noncarcinogenic
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
Contains: 50 test strips
Method A: 0, 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ppm (mg/l)
Method B: 0, 0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 ppm (mg/l)
Total Test Time: approx. 1 minute
How to Use:
- Dip one strip into a 20ml water sample for 10/ 30 seconds.
- Remove and wait 30 seconds then match to the colour chart for method A or B. Complete colour matching within 15 seconds.
Interferences: Bromine, Chlorine and Ozone will give a similar colour reaction.
Please note: Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. An MSDS is not required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
|Each kit contains:|
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).