Quick Test Kit for Chromium (1 test)
£26.99 Inc VAT (£22.49 Ex VAT)
Bulk Order Discount (Unit Price)
|1 - 4||£26.99|
Chromium is a naturally occurring element found in rocks, animals, plants, soil, and in volcanic dust and gases. Chromium is present in the environment in several different forms. The most common forms are chromium(0), chromium(III), and chromium(VI). The metal chromium, which is the chromium(0) form, is used for making steel. Chromium(VI) and chromium(III) are used for chrome plating, dyes and pigments, leather tanning, and wood preserving. It has no taste or odour. This multi-purpose test kit tests not only the presence or absence of chromium but also gives an indication of the amount in parts per million (ppm) in water, the body (urine) and a wide range of materials.
Suitable for: urine, water; to test the substances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses
Exposure to chromium can happen in several ways:
- Eating food containing chromium (III);
- Breathing contaminated workplace air or skin contact during use in the workplace;
- Drinking contaminated well water;
- Living near uncontrolled hazardous waste sites containing chromium or industries that use chromium;
The UK maximum contaminant level for chromium in tap water set by DWI/DEFRA is 50µg/l (= 0.05mg/l).
This test kit is a non-invasive urine and water testing kit. It is also suitable to test any other reasonably clear solutions where appropriate to do so. It is simple to use at home with full instructions given. It is recommended to read the instructions first before starting the test.
It is recommended to use saliva only if the user wishes to test for mercury or other metals that may be leaking from any amalgam dental fillings. Otherwise, to test for heavy metals in the body, the user should use urine as the sample solution to be tested.
This test kit contains an easy-to-read colourchart:
Sensitivity: 0, 3, 10, 30, 100 ppm (mg/l)
Contents: each unit contains one test, including:
- 1 Colour strip on box of the kit
- 1 Test Instruction Sheet
- 1 Large Test-tube
- 1 Indicator stick
- 1 vial with clear cap – Reagent 1 (contains 10% sulphuric acid and care must be taken as it is corrosive – please avoid contact with skin or eyes)
Storage: The chromium test kit should be stored in a cool place, ideally 12°C to 20°C.
Heavy metals can be implicated in a range of acute and chronic conditions. Other individual tests available include aluminium, arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, silver, tin, heavy metals. Please view the range on our website or contact us for further information.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).
Quick Test Kit for Manganese (Mn) (1 test)£26.99 Inc VAT (£22.49 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Heavy Metals Test Kit – presence (1 Test)£12.99 Inc VAT (£10.83 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Total Heavy Metal Test Strips (50 strips)
£19.99Inc VAT (£14.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket
Salt Water Check Test Kit (50 strips)£17.99 Inc VAT (£14.99 Ex VAT) Add to basket