Lead Paint Test (10 Tests)
£16.99 Inc VAT (£14.16 Ex VAT)
Out of stock
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
A very easy and safe way to see if lead is present in paint, perfect for home DIY or professional use. Very clear yes/no test.
This lead paint colour test strip allows for quick and accurate testing of lead in paint. It measures >600 ppm and >5000 ppm in less than 5 minutes. The indicator in this test reacts with lead and other heavy metals.
Lead paint is hazardous and is now banned in most countries. Up until it was banned, lead was often used as an ingredient in paints – for windows, doors and other woodwork as well as for some metal items, like radiators. A few minor uses continued until the 1980s in some countries. Older properties, built before 1960s, might contain old layers of paint which contain lead.
- This test is safe to use on all surfaces and even works on red paint.
- The strips are safe to use and individually packaged.
- Everything required to carry out the test is included.
- The test are safe and non-hazardous and do not require a SDS.
Suitable for: all paints, including red paint
Contains: 10 strips, reagent (distilled white vinegar)
Sensitivity: 0 (0.0%), >600ppm (0.06%), >5000 (0.5%) ppm – qualitative presence/absence test
How to Use:
- Clean the surface with a damp cloth and allow to dry.
- Place the test strip on the painted smooth surface.
- Dispense 1 drop of the reagent onto the test pad which is in contact with the painted surface.
- Wait 5 minutes, lift the strip and match the colour change with the colour chart.
- Complete colour matching within 1 minute.
This test does not detect lead as lead chromate. This type of lead is often found in paints used in industrial and marine applications.
This is a qualitative presence/absence test. The colours on the card are intended to be a guide for test interpretation only. The test is not designed to give exact values for the concentration of lead.
Please note: This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. Components not suitable for consumption. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
- Free UK Delivery
- We ship orders daily Monday – Friday (except bank holidays)
- Fast & efficient shipping
- Order by 12 noon for same day dispatch
UK Mainland Shipment Options:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days): £0.00
- Express (1-2 business days): £1.99
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday): £9.98
European Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (5 – 10 Days)
Australia, New Zealand and USA Shipment Options:
- International Shipping (10 – 20 Days)
- We can ship worldwide – please contact us to obtain a quote for your destination
UK Mainland Shipping Provided by:
- Free Super Saver (3-5 business days) – This is a free service using 2nd Class Royal Mail and usually arrives within 3-5 working days. In the event that no one is at home to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Express (1-2 business days) – This service uses 1st Class Royal Mail, costs a small fee and usually arrives within 1-2 working days. In the event no one is in to take delivery, a card will be left for collection from your local post office or courier.
- Special Next Day (Monday to Friday) – This express service by Courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery, is a next working day and fully tracked service. You will need to be in to accept delivery, otherwise they will attempt delivery again the following working day or you can collect from your local depot.
- Higher value orders may be shipped using Courier at no extra cost to ensure safe arrival.
- Mainland UK includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all BFPO addresses.
International Delivery provided by:
- Royal Mail International – Depending on the order value this is part-tracked delivery service from Royal Mail. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks (depending on the destination country).
- International Courier Delivery – Depending on the order value this is a fully tracked service and can take up to 1 week (depending on the destination country).
- If the country that is receiving your order has strong regulations regarding the importation of goods including nutritional supplements, SimplexHealth cannot be held responsible for any additional fees incurred by Customs and/or Quarantine scanning. We also cannot accept responsibility for items returned by customs.
All delivery times are estimates and depend on local courier services as well as processing times through customs (where applicable).